You've noticed dripping water in your business or home? You may notice it in the bathroom, in the kitchen or anywhere else that water is used. This is a problem. Not only can it lead to a number of other problems, but it can cost you a lot of money to fix later on down the road if you do not take care of the problem now.
There are ways that you can detect a water leak, if it is visible to the eye. Then there are ways we can come in and detect a leak within your concealed water system. Here are some things to keep an eye out for to ensure that nothing is leaking inside your Dallas business or home.
What to Look For
Check all water valves. A leak in one of these could be making your water pressure slower and softer. If you feel that you have a leak, checking this and tightening them can help to fix the problem.
Listen to the way your toilets work. You may hear leaking water when you listen closely. Check around the bottom of the toilet first, to see if there are any visible leaks. Usually, if there is water pooling at the bottom of the toilet, you have a problem with the seal. You may be able to replace the seal under the toilet on your own but it is not recommended if you do not know what you're doing.
Turn off the water valves outside, as well as the inside, your business or home. Then you should locate the water meter. If you have all of the water turned off and nothing is running to it, as well as the outside but the meter is still running – you have a leak somewhere in the water system. It could be a line, a pipe, a hose, anything that is providing water.
Check all faucets to see if you have a slow leak in one of those. Sometimes this can cause the water payment to rise tremendously since the faucet is always running. If you find that one of them is, tighten the faucet or place a new seal under it. This should solve the problem.
If you find that none of these fixes the problem you're having, consider giving us a call to learn more about how we can come in and diagnose the problem. You might have a leak somewhere within your concealed plumbing system that you're not able to detect without the proper equipment.
How We Check Concealed Plumbing Systems
We go into your business or home with our state of the art equipment and listen closely. We put the equipment up to the walls, on the floors, on the ceilings and even up on the roof – if that is where the leak may be coming from. We want to find the source and we will continue to search until we find it. Sometimes, the leak could be coming from outdoors so we will listen to the basement for any sounds of water seeping in. We want to ensure that we find it, so you do not have to worry about water damages later on.
Leaks within the plumbing system are serious. They can lead to a lot of damages throughout the home. By having them detected and fixed now, you're saving a lot of headache in the future. The leaking water is able to affect your roof, your floors, your walls and even the entire foundation of your property.
Contact us today to learn more.
Slab Leak Detection
If you have leaks in the slab that your Dallas business or home is sitting on, this can cause a lot of red flags. Not only are you going to have a world of problems, but you're going to worry about the integrity of your property, as a whole.
Slab leak detection and repair is essential for any structure that sits on a slab foundation. These problems can cause the slab to break down, wear out and not be able to hold the structure on top of it, if not taken care of.
Detection of Slab Leaks
There are a few ways to notice and detect that you have a slab leak under your business or home. By keeping these tips in mind, you're able to call a plumber over, fix the problem and not have to worry about the integrity of your home.
- You are paying a higher than normal water bill, month after month. This can also be a sign of pipes in the walls leaking, or even a pool leak – but you shouldn't rule out a leak in the slab either.
- When all water is turned off, but you still hear it running somewhere, this can indicate a slab leak or broken pipe in the system.
- There is a hot spot on the floor. This can indicate a break in a hot water pipe.
- There are cracks in floors or walls. This can indicate that the slabs underneath is also cracked and not able to hold the structures up. This can be something that is dangerous!
- You find mold and mildew in the walls, around the floors and hiding in dark spots.
Detecting these problems ahead of time can save you a lot of headache later on in the future. You want to deal with a smaller problem now, rather than a bigger problem later on.
Why Have Slab Leaks Repaired?
There are many reasons why you may want to have slab leaks repaired:
- You could be making people sick due to moisture build up. This brings pests inside walls and mold/mildew that can cause health hazards. Removing the moisture from the air can greatly benefit everyone, and stop the growth from happening.
- You're able to keep your property's integrity. When a slab is broken, it is not able to hold up the structure built upon it properly. This can cause it to collapse with time.
- You're able to save money on your water bill each month.
- You will prevent flooding.
We are the expert Dallas plumbers that have numerous years of experience. We want to help when it comes to any plumbing leaks you may have. Give us a call today at (214) 331-1748 to have us do an inspection and find out what exactly the problem is.